Objectives of the program
Through its programs the department has the objectives of producing:
- Professionals who are capable of planning, organizing, directing and controlling activities of private, non-government and government organizations.
- Professionals who can competently manage marketing, finance operations, human resource, materials, information resources etc.
- Professionals who are responsive and effective in working with and through others as well as capable of making and implementing decisions.
- Professionals capable of searching and developing opportunities as well as tackling problems.
- Professionals who are able to face the challenges of today’s and tomorrow’s highly complex and competitive environment.
Graduate Profile and Professional Profile
The program is aimed at producing graduates that can have adequate knowledge, skills and attitude towards application of management concepts. Specifically:
- Capable of making rational decisions to solve organizational problems and manage conflicts.
- Capable to competently manage human resources of an organization by understanding individual differences, group behaviour and organization level behaviour.
- Motivated for creativity, innovation and management of projects.
- Design appropriate and robust strategies to shape or cope up with changing organizational environment.
- Capable of planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities of all types of organizations.
- Responsive and effective in working with and through others by developing an understanding of common goal.
- Manage material resources and operations of an organization.
- Conduct research and consultancy service in management and related areas and offer training for those who are in need of it.
- Manage financial resources of the organization by applying financial principles.
- Capable of using decision making models in organizational decision making.
- Capable of understanding the legal, social and ethical responsibilities associated with the management of all types of organization.
- Capable of using information communication technology in utilizing and managing organizational resources.
- Analyze transaction, summarize, record and interpret accounting data for managerial decision making.
- Apply fundamental economic concepts and models in organizational and managerial decisions.
- Apply fundamental marketing concepts and marketing management approaches in domestic as well as international marketing issues and practices.
- Capable of collecting, analyzing and interpreting statistical data using various statistical tools for managerial decisions.
- Analyze and manage costs of different organizational activities.
The management program should enable the graduate to acquire both theoretical knowledge and practical know-how pertinent to management profession so that will be competent nationally and internationally. It should transfer employability skill in an ethical manner that can be mirrored through the cognitive ability, interpersonal skill, numeric skill and research working skill of the graduate.
The program prepares students to become professional managers capable of executing Human Resources Management, Information System Management, Marketing Management, Operations Management, Materials Management and Financial Management and other managerial functional areas. The program will.
- Equip students with a realistic overview of major principles and techniques of human resources management systems.
- Develop the student's ability and skills to identify their information needs source, and how to utilize the information obtained efficiently.
- Introduce students with the development and operation of markets-local, national and international-for resources, goods and services.
- Provide students of management with a sound understanding of the concepts techniques, and applications of production and operations management.
- Equip students with entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship and ethical concepts.
- Equip students with the methods and techniques of acquiring, utilizing, and issuing of material resources.
Anyone who wishes to join the BA program is required to meet the entry requirements of higher institutions stated by Ministry of Education.
- As per the regulations of Ministry of Education.
- As per the senate legislation of the college, or.
- A pass in entrance examination set by the department.
Graduate students will be awarded the “Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management” if they fulfil the following requirements:
- A minimum credit hour of 109/180 ECTS.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade point Average of 2.00.
- No Fx, F, NG, I, in any course and.
- Compliance with the regulation of the College.
The degree offered after successful completion of its program is called:
- • In English – “Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management.
- • In Amharic – “የአርት ባችለር ዲግሪ በማኔጅመንት”.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction for the program is English Language
Duration of the study
The completion of the program would require three years of study or six semesters
Assessment and Evaluation Methods
The program follows a combination of various assessment and evaluation techniques. Considering the very nature of the course and the expected learning outcome from each course, the assessment and evaluation methods include continuous assessment like assignments; quizzes, tests, individual and group projects, paper based and practical exams, presentations, and the like
Teaching /Learning Methods and Mode of Delivery
Depending on the nature of courses in the program, various mode of delivery which involve both the instructor and the students will be used including lectures, class discussions, demonstrations, presentations, and the like.